Friday, May 1, 2009

I will exalt You - Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

O Lord, what is it to me whether I feel or do not feel, whether I am in darkness or in light, whether I have joy or suffering, when I can be recollected in the light created in me by Your words? I feel a kind of shame in differentiating between such matters, and while I feel that I am still affected by them, I heartily despise myself for my want of love, but I quickly turn my gaze upon You, my divine Master, to be delivered by You... I will exalt You above Your sweetness and sensible consolations, for I am resolved to pass by all else in order to be united with You."

Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends - If you wish to submit a question to Father John, please see the "How can submit a question" post for guidelines. Your comments and feedback are more than welcome!